3 Things: Glukos, Swirl & Drones


I tried three new things this week: a running fuel, a coffee/protein drink and a drone adventure.

Yesterday, I ran 16 miles with Glukos Energy lemon drink powder and fruit punch gummies, which I liked. The drink powder mixes well and isn't as sweet as Gatorade. I like the small size of the gummies. Glukos Energy says glucose is most easily used by your body for fuel.

It was warm and humid, but I felt good even though I ran so slow that you might think that I'm using the Maffetone Method where you train at a low intensity. (See Run to the Finish for more info.) I ran one more mile than planned and I didn't even have any of those post-long run toe cramps I get sometimes.

I drank Glukos at miles 4 and 6 and then I divided a packet of gummies between miles 8, 10 and 12. I don't know if I felt good because of the Glukos or the cloud cover or both! Thirty minutes before my long run, I ate my overnight oats topped with 1/2 banana and almond butter. When I finished running, I ate a peanut butter, banana molasses sandwich and a little ice cream. 

Later, I tried a new coffee called Mocha and Protein Swirl. You just mix the Swirl with water for 10 grams of protein and add ice for a delicious iced coffee. (Note: I only like Swirl iced, not hot.) Speaking of food, read What Olympians Eat to see that not all of the Olympians are hanging out at McDonalds!

Running Log

Sunday: 
9.5 miles

Monday: 6 miles 

Tuesday: 8.5 
miles

Wednesday: 7





Thursday: No exercise today. My husband and I drove 2 1/2 hours in our RV to our friend's property and took pictures of his hay fields to test out how drones can help farmers monitor weed growth.

Friday: 16 miles
 
Saturday: 
mile run


Mocha & Protein Swirl in 2013 Houston Marathon Mug

Workouts for the Week
Running Miles: 55

Cycling: 30 min.
Strength Training Sessions: 3 

Comments

  1. They gave out Gluckos during the RnRChi Half this year. It was the first time I tried it. I liked it! That's an interesting use of drones. Genius. Is there much sugar in that coffee drink? I do enjoy adding a scoop of protein to my iced coffee now and again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 10 grams of sugar in one serving. I tried one protein powder in my coffee, but it didn't mix well. I'll try with another kind sometime... When I run out of Swirl.

      Delete
  2. I have seen Gluckos but I am hesitant to try things because I like very light flavors and I can't do sweet. I'll have to give it a try! Fantastic mileage for the week :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It sounds like you might like Glukos!

      Delete
  3. Great miles for the week! My dad jokes about using his drone to check on the heifers when they are calving so he doesn't have to go out so much.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I think your dad really might be able to check on his heifers!

      Delete
  4. Sounds like protein coffee is becoming a thing.

    Almost makes me glad I hate coffee!

    I have a wicked sweet tooth, but not when running long.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When I run a lot of miles I can get tired of sweetness - pretty much only then though for me, too!

      Delete
  5. Ive heard great things about Glukos. I think I need to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good job on your wk of workouts. That mocha swirl sounds delicious! I have never used the Glukose either.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thx! I'm glad I tried a few new things this week!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting! I'll post your comment as soon as I return from my run!

Popular posts from this blog

Run Fast. Eat Slow & My 15 Miler

Running: My 60 Mile Week

45 Mile Week with New Running Belt