Chai Chia Pudding, 51 Miles & Links


Yesterday, I tried a new chia pudding recipe. Chai Chia Pudding is healthy, easy to make and perfect for fans of chai tea. Chia seeds are high in fiber, iron and magnesium. (You can find more recipes in my other chia seed post.)

By using the Ibotta app after buying Tazo tea, I received another $1 in my Ibotta account and now I have nearly $55 in my account. I could use that towards an Amazon purchase. I could buy more chia seeds, since I'm out of them, or maybe I'll buy some new running shoes.

Chai Chia Pudding Recipe

Soak one tea bag in 1/2 cup hot milk for 5 minutes. (I used Tazo vanilla caramel chai tea.) Toss tea bag and let milk cool. Add in 2 tablespoons chia seeds, 1/2 tablespoon maple syrup and 1/4 teaspoon vanilla. Stir and refrigerate for a few hours. Top with fruit.


This Week's Workouts

Sunday: 
10 mile run, 30 min. ride - The humidity got to me in the last mile. Then I felt light-headed on the bike ride. I'll bring snacks next time.

Monday: 10 Essential Exercises for Runners, 8 mile run - I ran later in the morning because it was less humid - a good change of pace, if only mentally, after Sunday's workout.

Tuesday: 
12 miles - After Sunday's run, I ate honey and sliced pickles. I liked the pickles, surprisingly. I planned to run 10, but felt so good that I ran two more miles.

Wednesday: ST: Arms, Chest, Shoulders Video


Thursday: 5 miles 

Friday: 10 miles with Gatorade, ST: Unlock Tight Hips4 Bodyweight Exercises 
 
Saturday: 6
 mile run, 40 min. ride

Totals
Running Miles: 51
Cycling: 70 min.

Strength Training Sessions: 3 

Favorite Links of the Week


Eat Like an Elite: Shalane Flanagan Oatmeal, bison burgers (see her make some from Shalane & Elyse's Run Fast Eat Slow Book) and salads.

Marathoners Amy & Shalane Interviewed on C Tolle Run 8-11 oz of fluid every 3 miles for Shalane in Rio - no repeats of Olympic Trials!

55 Year Old Ultrarunner, Meghan Arbogast, Defies Age She's been running over 20 years and says she runs easy on easy days, does a weekly speed and tempo run and doesn't race too often.

How to Carb-load, the Smart Way How athletes who ate their carbs before dinner and exercised before breakfast enhanced triathlon performance and reduced body fat.

VI, AI Personal Trainer - Running and cycling with a personal trainer in your ear!

Comments

  1. I love chai tea so I would love to try that pudding!

    That 55 year old Ultra runner, that will be my sister in years to come! Definitely not me though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You never know! I'm glad I came across that recipe. I never thought about using tea to flavor chai seed pudding before!

      Delete
  2. Nice mileage and then some! Been pretty humid/hot here too. Even with salt tabs, I feel like I finish each longer run caked in salt!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I found some new running capris on sale today. Now I have one more reason that I can't wait for the cooler weather.

      Delete
  3. Cracked 50 miles :) You are awesome! You need to go run a 100 miler with all the great training you have been doing.
    My lack of running is getting to me, but I keep hoping i can find a way to keep moving for years to come. I like to hear when people are defying the odds :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Our schedule is looking like I might be running a fall marathon!

      Delete
  4. Is it bad I've not yet had chia pudding? I was just reading about Shalane's Bison Meatballs on the plane to Dublin. Looks like you had a strong workout week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just saw the meatball recipe, too. They put kale in the meatballs. I'd try it!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! It will go up as soon as I return from my run!

Popular posts from this blog

50 Mile Race Coming Up

Run Fast. Eat Slow & My 15 Miler

Running: My 60 Mile Week