Glad I Had a Camera!


Before today, the most interesting thing I've seen on a Texas run was an alligator. This morning, it was foggy as I turned the corner to head into the woods on my run. I looked towards the hill that I have run on numerous times to see something that I've never seen there before - a pirate.

I was a little spooked. All decked out in pirate garb, he walked towards me. I saw his sword, but I had pepper spray. Finally, he was close to me. I said something. He didn't speak, but he smiled and kept walking. And so ends my story of the silent pirate in the woods on Halloween morning.

After seeing the pirate, I did 2 miles of hill running in the woods. I'm ready for the Pass Mountain 50K Trail Race in Mesa, Arizona, which is near Phoenix. Race day is November 12!


50K Links to Help You Run Your Best 50K

Off to a Strong Start With the Sean O’Brien 50K (Sarah L. Smith)
Race Like an Ultra Vet—Even at Your First 50K (Alex Kurt)
50K vs. Marathon Training - 3 Differences (Tina@GottaRunNow!)

Last week's running in miles: 9 with hills, 3, rest, 8, 15 (fuel: Coke, banana), 5, rest. Today: 6 with hills.

Comments

  1. Ha! That may have spooked me a bit. I guess he had an early party lol
    I hope you have a great race! My marathon is the same day :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope that you have a great race day!

      Delete
  2. That picture makes it look like a scence from a movie! Love the fog, too! It sounds like you are all set for the 50K coming up!!! I will be running a marathon that date as well so I'll say a prayer for you that morning for a good race!! Can't wait to hear about it! (I hope it's not HOT in AZ!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The fog makes it more mysterious - both in real life and in the photo! That's great about our race days! It's going to be a great day!

      Delete
  3. I think he was a ghost from days gone by (although he was a bit displaced in Texas)! How eerie is that? Great photo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Every once in a while, I'm in the right place at the right time.

      Delete
  4. That's pretty spooky! I'd be pretty worried if it wasn't full costume season, Tina. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well that's something new! Would have freaked me out a bit as well!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think I'd be freaked out by the pirate!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Seeing a slient pirate on Halloween, now that is creepy. Goodluck on your 50k. It'll be a good day. It's my bday:)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting! I'll post your comment as soon as I return from my run!

Popular posts from this blog

Run Fast. Eat Slow & My 15 Miler

Running: My 60 Mile Week

45 Mile Week with New Running Belt