Garmin Forerunner 35 GPS Watch Review


After running without a GPS watch for about a year, I caved in and bought one for the 50K Pass Mountain trail race I'm running on November 12 in Arizona. I bought my Garmin Forerunner 35 yesterday morning at The Woodlands Fleet Feet store, charged it up and ran with it at lunch time. There were three things that surprised me about my new watch.

Three Things I Like About My Forerunner 35 GPS Watch
  1. It's easy to read when I'm outside. I was afraid about not being able to read the numbers without reading glasses, but I didn't have any problems. (See photo.)
  2. It's so light-weight that I hardly notice that it's there. Last week, I tried a Garmin Forerunner 310XT, but it was too heavy on my wrist.
  3. I've really missed seeing my mileage while I'm running. After my watch battery died on Christmas morning last year, I've only used the Strava app to track my running. I like it and will continue to use it, but it tells me my mileage and pace only every 1/2 mile. I like seeing exactly how far I've run and how much farther I need to run. Yesterday, I ran fast for 1/4 mile a few times during my 8 mile run.
Saturday is race day! See you on the other side!

Comments

  1. I really like the large numbers on the display of this model. Good luck this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is nice that is light and small :) I hope you have a wonderful race!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks! I hope we both have good weather, no tummy issues and fast feet!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wishing you a wonderful 50K tomorrow!!! I'll be thinking of you and pray you have no issues!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks, Kate! I hope you have a great race day!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting! I'll post your comment as soon as I return from my run!

Popular posts from this blog

Run Fast. Eat Slow & My 15 Miler

Running: My 60 Mile Week

45 Mile Week with New Running Belt