2,210 Miles & 4 Races in 2016



Run This Year

2,016 miles - that was my distance running goal for 2016. When I started training for this year's ultras, hitting the weekly goal just happened. I averaged 42 miles a week and I ran 2,210 miles in 2016.

50K Race Prep: So many gels!

4 Races in 2016 from a 25K to a 50 Mile Race

I ran in four races this year, the shortest and longest races were held close to home at Brazos Bend State Park in Texas (top picture).

The Woodlands is even closer to home and this year I was able to start up close to the front just behind the pros in the marathon because I went to a pre-race class.

When I found out that we were driving to California last November, I registered for a race that would be right on the way - a 50K in Arizona.

12/10/16 Brazos Bend 50 Mile Trail Race in Texas; Time: 9:55:03; My 2nd 50 mile race!
11/12/16 Pass Mountain 50K Trail Race in Arizona; Time: 7:52:56; My 3rd 50K!
4/16/16 Brazos Bend 25K Trail Race in Texas; Time: 2:30; 3rd in my age group!
3/5/16 The Woodlands Marathon in Texas, Time: 4:15; My 18th marathon!

You can click the links to read my recaps. Plus, you can find me on Strava.


The Scenic Park Where I Ran Most of the 2,210 Miles 

2017 Running Goals

To run 2,017 in 2017, I'll need to run about:
  • 5.5 miles a day or
  • 39 miles a week.
Hopefully, I'll be able to run 2,017 miles this next year and find a race or two to run, too. Do you have any special running goals for 2017? Whatever they may be, I hope you have fun completing them!

Comments

  1. Goodness. What a wonderful year you had. That is very impressive mileage! And 18 marathons? WOW.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I ran my first marathon in 2006 and you just can't stop at one!

      Delete
  2. what an amazing year Tina ! I really can't imagine running 10 hours - wow !
    Looking forward to following your 2017.
    Happy New Year !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm glad you're back to blogging again so I can follow your blog this year, too!

      Delete
  3. Wow, you did a lot of running! It's always nice to follow your adventures. Can't wait to see where you run in 2017!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Looking forward to reading your blog in 2017, too!

      Delete
  4. That's so impressive! Last year I did 2015 kms. Which was 1252 miles, the most I've ever run in a year. I feel like a slacker!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha, ha! You know you're no slacker! Congrats!

      Delete
  5. Awesome and impressive year! Congrats! Here's to a great 2017!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm looking forward to hearing about your training this year on your blog!

      Delete
  6. Wow you have some great accomplishments under your belt. Good luck in 2017 and meeting your goals. I know you will be able to do it

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for the vote of confidence!

      Delete
  7. Congratulations on surpassing your milage goal and finishing some loooong races w/an age group award! I'm going to try and push myself to participate in more trail races (so far only up to 20k--but it's hilly!) and run farther during the week. I had a high milage week (for me) last week and it was fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No age group award for me at that race, but just knowing I was 3rd is good enough! Yay for you on increasing the miles!

      Delete
  8. Wow, that park you run at looks soooo pretty!! Way to smash your mileage goal this year! That is FANTASTIC!!! You had some great races and ultras this year! I hope you stay healthy and can keep on going!!:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The park is a great place to run! I wish it was bigger, but I can't complain... The loop where Ed Whitlock runs is so short that it only takes him about 4 minutes to run around.

      Delete
  9. Congrats on running the year! I did that challenge in 2015. I've heard great things about Brazos Bend--I keep thinking about those gators. Your 18th marathon: kudos!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I've had a lot of fun at Brazos Bend over the years. The wildlife is a fun distraction!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! It will go up as soon as I return from my run!

Popular posts from this blog

50 Mile Race Coming Up

Run Fast. Eat Slow & My 15 Miler

Running: My 60 Mile Week