50 Mile Race Coming Up


Time for a Flagstaff stop-off on our way home, but not before waking up to the first snowfall of the year. On Saturday, I woke up to a winter wonderland! I looked out of the RV and saw a beautiful view - snow covered the ground, our Jeep and the mountain behind the KOA Flagstaff campground.

Last week, I ran 52 miles while on vacation in Yosemite and Bakersfield, California. Back at home in Texas, I've put in 3 days of running: a 9, 6 and 10 mile run. Tomorrow, I hope to run 5 miles. My neighborhood park is nice, but I've missed running on the beautiful Yosemite trails like I did last week. At least I don't have to watch out for bears now!

I ran the Pass Mountain 50K trail race in Arizona on November 12 and my next race will be held on December 10 and it's going to be a long one...

50 miles is the longest distance I've ever run and my next race will be my second time to stand at the start line of a 50 mile race - the Brazos Bend 50 Mile Trail Race in Texas. As usual when racing in Brazos Bend State Park, counting the 'gators will be a good distraction!

Comments

  1. What a neat trip and a nice way to train for a 50 miler! I went to Yosemite this summer just for a weekend and wish it could have been longer. Good luck with the race!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Angela! We spent 5 days there. It was great to run to waterfalls and on the trails. I hope you get to go back someday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cannot wait to hear all about your 50 miler. I am currently marathon training and cannot imagine doubling that - AMAZING!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally understand - but, I'll just take it one mile at a time.☺

      Delete
  4. ULTRA TINA!!!! How exciting! You are trained and ready! I miss Yosemite so much - it's just breathtaking! What a wonderful blessing to be able to have run there - and LUCKY you got to be among the *snow*!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In the past 2 weeks, 2 people asked if I was an ultrarunner. I think there have been some long distance runners in the news and more people are hearing about ultrarunning. It's great! And the snow - so beautiful!

      Delete
  5. Wow 50 miles is amazing. Good for you, it will be such an accomplishment. Love the snow. I am from Maine it I do miss it... in France where I live we never get any.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was able to visit Maine and run the Maine Marathon and I loved the area near Bar Harbor - the coast with lighthouses and the mountains to hike, too! But France doesn't sound too bad either!

      Delete
  6. I cannot even comprehend 50 miles in a week, let alone on the same day LOL Best of luck!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks, my race report is next on my to-do list!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! It will go up as soon as I return from my run!

Popular posts from this blog

Run Fast. Eat Slow & My 15 Miler

Running: My 60 Mile Week