Peppermint or Pumpkin, Hot or Cold!


It's been both cold and warm in southeast Texas lately - perfect for trying new flavored tea and coffee recipes, both hot and iced. This week, I've run when it was a chilly 30 and a warmish 70 like today when I ran my longest run (9 miles) since my 50 mile race two weeks ago.

Hot or Iced Peppermint Recipes

If you use the microwave like I did with all of my hot drinks, you'll have a drink faster than it would take for you to go through a drive-through.

Peppermint White Hot Chocolate warmed me up after I ran 6 miles, walked Zoe, stretched and foam rolled yesterday.

Iced Peppermint Mocha is what I made with some leftover coffee. Just add chocolate syrup and peppermint extract to your coffee. No recipe needed.


Pumpkin Tea and Pumpkin Coffee Recipes

You might have added pumpkin to your yogurt or oatmeal before, but have you ever added it to your tea or coffee?

Pumpkin Chai (pictured) I added in a caramel because my mother-in-law gave us 3 pounds of Dewar's candy. My best estimate: 3 pounds of candy = 3,333 miles of running, all uphill.

Pumpkin Spice Latte Click for the recipe or make it my way and mix in pumpkin, sugar, milk, vanilla extract and pumpkin pie spices into your coffee. 

Number of miles I ran each day this week: 5, 5, 6, 0, 6, 9

I hope that you have a merry Christmas and a happy new year while sipping your favorite flavor of coffee or tea!

Comments

  1. Yum! Thank you! I love both peppermint and pumpkin.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me, too! Just wishing that I had bought another can of pumpkin on my last shopping trip!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! It will go up as soon as I return from my run!

Popular posts from this blog

50 Mile Race Coming Up

Run Fast. Eat Slow & My 15 Miler

Running: My 60 Mile Week