Saturday, January 28, 2017

2017 Goals Revised

January is nearly over and I already need to revise my 2017 goals! My husband and I are prepping for a year or two of full-time RV life and hope to begin this new adventure in 2017. Life is going to be busier. 

Reading two books a week and running high mileage when we're traveling may be impossible some weeks. I just want to take a little unnecessary pressure off of myself. Besides, these goals still look great to me - with just the right amount of challenge. 

My Mostly Revised 2017 Goals 

1. Run 1700 Miles in 2017. I've averaged 50 miles a week so far, but now my goal will be 33 miles a week (instead of 39/week for 2,017 miles). You can find me on Strava.
2. Finish 52 books. My new goal is to read or listen to 1 book a week. I finished 9 books so far this year. 
3. Take a picture a day. I've posted a photo a day on Instagram so far and I think I can keep this up.
4. Sell nearly everything and move into an RV. This is a new goal - lots of planning and time needed for this one, but it'll be worth it!  


Here's how I exercised this week.
  • Sunday - 6 mile run
  • Monday - 9 mile run, strength-training 
  • Tuesday - 6 mile run  
  • Wednesday - biked, strength-training 
  • Thursday - 18 mile run - I'm training for the Feb. 11 Rocky 50K trail race! This run went better than my recent long runs and took 3 hours 5 minutes.
  • Friday - 11 mile run wraps up my 50 mile week, strength-training 
  • Saturday - biked

With four weeks into the year, have you found that you have set your goals too low or too high? Or maybe you want to keep trying to achieve your goals even though January didn't go as planned. February 1 would be a great day to begin again!

10 comments:

  1. Wow, sounds like quite a life style change! I need to follow you on IG!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, right?! See you on IG!

      Delete
  2. I'm glad I saw you were on I/G ]. I'll definitely follow along on your new adventures. I haven't set any goals for 2017. I like to read and haven't been able to do much of that lately. So, there's one goal!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't really set a lot of goals. Just living life day to day! And trying to nail down vacations and goal races (and praying I actually get to do them!).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds great! I've heard one of the best things about vacations is looking forward to them. I believe it!

      Delete
  4. This all makes a lot of sense and will still definitely be a challenge! I think the last one--selling all your things and moving into the RV--would be especially tough but also very gratifying.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're right - it's a challenge to eliminate everything except what will fit in the RV. I've given some items away, but not any favorites yet and I can't keep them all. I'll soon find out how attached I am to my stuff and if I can see the big picture - remembering how great it will be to travel the country!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on the change that is coming! Sounds like quite an adventure :) A pic a day on IG is great!
    I need to rethink what I hope to accomplish this year, mostly I just want to be healthy, I have struggled so much.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Part of being healthy is getting enough sleep and I'm working on that. Right now, I'm drinking some tea that I hope will help me to sleep well tonight. I hope that you experience good health this year so that you can run strong all year long!

      Delete

I love reading comments! I'll post your comment when I get back from my run so please don't worry if your comment doesn't show up right away.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...