Coming Up: RV Living and a 50K

 1

There are big changes coming up for me - if all goes as I hope it will! After our 4 month RV adventure last year, my husband and I would like to become full-time RV'ers! 

We hope to buy a bigger RV and to sell nearly everything we own - here's a link to our sale page. Have any tips for finding new homes for your belongings? That's one of the hardest parts of this adventure. So far, I've sold items online and donated to Goodwill. 

My training continues for the Rocky 50K that's on February 11. I ran 48 miles this week and continued my strength training, but I took a break from riding my bike because one of my hip flexors was uncomfortable and if I have to skip something - biking goes first

I wanted to run 10 miles the day after my long run of 16 miles, but because of stormy weather I switched the days. Tailwind (naked flavor is a nice change from sweet drinks) and Clif Blok shots kept me going on my long run. I've noticed my long runs of the last three weeks have gotten slower. I tell myself, "Come on body, only 3 weeks until the race and then you can rest!"


Zoe, our Weimaraner, is always ready for a walk at the park when I finish running. She was my running buddy when she was younger, but now we're walking buds. Here's how I exercised this week.

  • Sunday - 7 mile run
  • Monday - 9 mile run, strength-training 
  • Tuesday - 6 mile run  
  • Wednesday - strength-training 
  • Thursday - 10 mile run 
  • Friday - 16 mile run, strength-training 
  • Saturday - rest

Have a great week!

Comments

  1. That would be an awesome life! Congrats on the life change!! Great runs this week, I hope your hip flexors start feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Only time will tell if this will work out this year, but I'm hopeful!

      Delete
  2. Looks like a great week and you're ready for that 50K! Hope your hips feel better too. And that's great you're going to live the RV life. That sounds so fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Just finished a 6 miler w/o any hip pain - happiness!

      Delete
  3. Thous shalt not covet!!! hahaha!!! HOW AWESOME!!! We talk a lot about doing the last one graduates. We would love to explore this great country! I hope your hip feels better. My left one has been nagging me from a sore back.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know what they say about great minds! OTOH, my back is slightly sore, too - something I wish we didn't have in common!

      Delete
  4. I admire minimalist people! Sooooo not me. And a little harder to do with a cat. Although I gotta admit I also like having a fenced in backyard and being able to just open the door & let the dogs out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're so right - having a fenced yard is a perk to living where we are now!

      Delete
  5. Oooh, very intrigued by your RV goal! Can't wait to hear more!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great, I'll be blogging all about it!

      Delete
  6. Wow! You will see so many things living the RV life. Can't wait to follow the journey!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So far, my favorite places are the national parks we've visited. Love to have you follow along!

      Delete
  7. How old is Zoe? I've always wanted a Weimaraner! We have a 10-year-old Border Collie and he runs with me but on easy days and low mileage (maybe 3 miles for him tops).

    I love that you are taking on full-time RV life! It sounds wonderful and I wish I could buy your RV :) You have so many adventures to look forward to!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Zoe is 12. Your dog is a great running partner - I like seeing him on Instagram!

      Oh, I wish you could buy the RV, too! Moving into an RV - a lot of work to make it happen, but exciting if it goes as planned!

      Delete
  8. Wow, full time RVing would be so fun. Look forward to hearing more about it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great! I'm sure I'll be sharing more about it!

      Delete
  9. Wow...RV! So not my lifestyle, but it does look adventurous. I gotta have my numerous rooms and "space" LOL Good luck on your 50K!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Before we had an RV, I would have said the same thing, but when I saw how much I loved seeing the country - that changed!

      Delete
  10. It sounds like another amazing chapter in your life is beginning as you transition to full time RV life. I can't wait to read about your travels.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a big change - something fun I'm looking forward to!

      Delete
  11. I'm late to the party -- but RV life sounds exciting! My husband and I watch a lot of tiny home / van life videos on Youtube and really like the idea of it. Right now we're downsizing for our upcoming move and it's hard to get rid of some things. I feel so tied down by all the STUFF, but my husband is kind of a packrat. He's working on it! ;) So far, Goodwill, used book stores, and selling online have worked out. Wish it was warm enough for a garage sale!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like the tiny home shows, too - amazing how they can fit so much in a small space. It's really hard to get rid of some of my belongings, but how many running shirts do I really need? Not two week's worth! Best wishes on your move to Bozeman!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! It will go up as soon as I return from my run!

Popular posts from this blog

Run Fast. Eat Slow & My 15 Miler

Running: My 60 Mile Week

50 Mile Race Coming Up