Being Mindful of My Time



I woke up at 4AM without an alarm today. That only happened because I went to sleep at 7:30! It felt great to finally get a good night's rest and to have time to do all that I wanted to do before my 8 mile run: pray, read my Bible (I use this Bible reading app), eat (muffins, today) and to do hip/leg exercises.

Yesterday, we found a buyer for our piano that we're selling. I'm posting a picture of it to remember two things: our piano and how I had high hopes of playing it often, which I didn't stick with.

Exactly three years ago today, I wrote on my blog, "I practiced on the piano 5 days this week. Too bad taking a child to piano lessons for years does not make you a great pianist!" Playing the piano on a regular basis for the last three years would have been great, but other fun hobbies beat out the piano. 

So I'm taking a moment to remind myself to think about how I spend my time and to choose wisely.

Exercises (1/29/17-2/4/17):
  • Sunday - rest
  • Monday - 6 mile run, back/upper body exercises and then major cleaning of our RV, which made my back ache later! 
  • Tuesday - 5 mile run  
  • Wednesday - 13 mile run (I'm tapering for the Feb. 11 Rocky 50K trail race); 15 min. arm exercises
  • Thursday - rest
  • Friday - 8 mile run with  a few hills in the woods, 20 min. hip exercises: ideas from REI's Cross-training for Backpacking   
  • Saturday (planning to do) - 6 mile run to finish up my 38 mile week of running

Comments

  1. I know I've said this before, but your mileage makes me want to go back to bed. Yikes! Good job staying consistent!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha, ha! Back at ya with your stairwork!

      Delete
  2. I'm almost always up around 4. I don't want to be, but my body never adjusts to the time change. Today I slept to a blissful 6 am, which is almost unheard of for me (I did wake up around 3:20 -- exact same time as Thursday night, only then I couldn't fall back asleep).

    I go to sleep at 9 pm though!

    We all have things we think we're going to do . . . and then don't. Sometimes we just have to let them go.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly, gotta let it go! I usually go to sleep at 9, too. Yay for sleeping 'til 6!

      Delete
  3. How cool is that Bible app! I had no idea there was one for reading through a year! And ESV to version to make it better! ha! I'm going to check it out.

    Great mileage this week! I would love a solid 8 hours of sleep! Maybe one day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just started using the app in January and it's been so helpful. If I get 7 hours of sleep, I'm happy. If it's 7 hours without being awake an hour during the night, I'm very, very happy!

      Delete
  4. That is a beautiful piano. I hope it finds a good home.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I'm going to miss it! I know I'll miss hearing my husband play it, but it's going to a good home!

      Delete
  5. I've always wanted a grand piano, even though I don't place much any more. Good luck at Rocky Trail!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Looking forward to the race!

      Delete
  6. Your piano is gorgeous! I'm glad you found a new home for it :) I love the way you start your mornings and I'm looking into that Bible app! Piano is certainly a wonderful talent to have... but my "piano time" has lost out to either running or writing. Poor piano, it gets beat out by the other hobbies!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, it's a wonderful talent to have!

      Delete
  7. What a wonderful piano! Happy you found someone to buy it. Playing the piano has always be a talent I wished to possess but learning it just doesn't fit into my schedule, unfortunately.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, a piano teacher had it moved to her house yesterday. She was so excited to have a new piano that even though we'll miss it, we're happy that she owns it now!

      Delete
  8. I used to play my piano all the time. It's been a while, but I'm itching to get back at it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's great! I hope you get a chance to play soon!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting! I'll post your comment as soon as I return from my run!

Popular posts from this blog

Run Fast. Eat Slow & My 15 Miler

Running: My 60 Mile Week

45 Mile Week with New Running Belt